Volunteering for your Parish
The good news is: Donate8 does not ask for money – just some practical help!
This scheme asks for help in the day-to-day running of the Parish without the need to attend meetings or joining committees. Tasks needing support are often simple (please see list below) and parishioners are asked to volunteer 8 hours of their time each year to help to save money which would otherwise be spent to employ contractors to do these jobs.
If you want to be involved, please give your name and telephone number to Fr Bart or contact Alfredo on: 01634 318564; WhatsApp: 07980 585054 or at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
The 8 hours can be donated all in one go or in several stages – whichever is most convenient to the volunteers after consulting the Parish diary of events already scheduled.
Anyone can take part in Donate8, so……………
………..don’t wait – Donate8!
Listed here are some of the most common tasks which need to be carried out on regular basis:
– Small repairs to kneelers throughout the Church.
– Repairs to blinds in the Hall.
– Clear leaves and other items from gutters around Church roof.
– Clear weeds around the car park and around the Church building.
– Clear weeds and prune bushes in the small flower bed to the left of the driveway.
– Clean all windows inside and out, including high-level windows on the Church building.
– Replace burnt out lights/fluorescent tubes when needed.
– Clear rubbish from car park and from around the Church grounds.
– Prune tree branches overhanging car park fence.