Skip to content
Easter Sunday – 21 April 2019
- I would like to start the notices this week from giving a massive thanks to everyone who was involved in the preparation and celebration of the Holy Paschal Triduum. I thank those who were cleaning our church and other facilities as well as those ladies who were arranging the flowers. Great thanks I want to give to our parish choir and musicians for the hours of preparation and creating an amazing prayerful atmosphere throughout the celebrations of the Holy Week. I would like to thank our Masters of Ceremony along with our amazing altar servers for having prepared the liturgy which at Easter is always very rich. Very special thanks to the ladies who tailored the albs for the altar servers. It was hours of hard work for them but we all can see that it was worth it. Eventually I would like to thank the everyone of you who was coming to our church for the Holy Week celebrations for the wonderful atmosphere of prayer.
- As you could see walking our of the church the new extension is nearly ready to be used after Easter. The only outstanding works to do is finishing the painting of the door, pluming and rendering outside the church for which we need to raise some more funds. However, the office should be usable within to weeks time.
- The whole next week we are celebrating the Octave of Easter which means that every day there is a solemnity. Therefore, on Friday there is no need to abstain from meat as we normally should do on Fridays. On Tuesday the Mass will be celebrated at 6.00 pm.
- This Saturday there is a Divine Mercy Pilgrimage at Aylesford Priory from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.
- Next Sunday 28th April we are celebrating Divine Mercy Solemnity. There will be a Holy Hour from 3.00 pm with the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, Divine Mercy Chaplet and opportunity for Confessions.
- I would like to thank everyone for your cards, good wishes and Easter offering.
- Next week the second collection will be for St George’s Cathedral.