It is always very sad to learn that one of our parishioners or someone’s family member has died. However, Christ’s resurrection allows us to find hope and strength in difficult times. That’s why we are always celebrating funerals with dignity and hope for eternal life, praying for God’s mercy for the deceased person and for ourselves.
Even though we might be grieving for our loved ones, some practical preparation needs to be arranged for the celebration of the funeral. Having decided that you would like to celebrate the funeral of your relative in our church, please:
- contact the Parish Office shortly after the death of your relative, so that we can let other parishioners know about it and pray for your loved one,
- contact the funeral directors chosen by yourself and let them know our contact details, so that we can cooperate in helping you to arrange the funeral,
- arrange a meeting with Fr Bart to talk about the details of the ceremony like hymns and Holy Scripture Readings,
- before the meeting:
– decide whether you would like the order of service to be produced by the funeral directors,
– decide whether you would like the organist to play and the choir to sing during the funeral,
– think who might possibly be involved during the funeral ceremony as a reader,
– try to decide whether you would like the eulogy to be read out during the ceremony.
Having arranged the ceremony do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance, explanation or if you simply want to talk. Also, be assured of our prayers for you and your family.